I’m always on the hunt for good quick bread recipes. My freezer was getting filled up with bananas, so I searched for a decent banana bread recipe and came up with this one from food.com. I gave it a try (adding a handful of chocolate chips of course) and really enjoyed it. It’s frugal, easy to make and keeps well in the refrigerator. Sold! I’ll share the recipe with you:
Lower Fat Banana Bread
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1/8 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well (do not over mix)
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean. (Mine took 40 minutes due to the heart pan being more shallow, adjust accordingly)
I told you it was easy peasy. I love foods that take so little time to come together, yet taste like you spent a lifetime perfecting the goodness of the final product.