Ok, maybe not so scary. How about making some cute spider snacks for the kids this Halloween? I originally found this recipe on food.com and made this fun food for my daughter’s 16th birthday costume party. They quickly came together and were gone by night’s end. Here’s what you do:
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 ounces chow mein noodles – maybe less
- M&M’s plain chocolate candy, for the eyes
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- Stir in chow mein noodles. Keep adding noodles until you think you have enough to cover all with chocolate.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Add 2 M&M’s on top of noodles, for spider eyes.
- With a toothpick, add a drop of chocolate in the middle of each M&M eye.
- Note: Add 2-4 T water, if needed, to thin chocolate chips.
And there you are. Terrific Halloween snacks that are frugal, fast and fun. Yum!