Last night, as I was waiting for my husband to get home from working a late night, something inside my little head screamed “cookies”! Now, you have to understand. I am not a big fan of sweets. I tried to tame the voice. It refused to yield. So there I was, despite canning all day, gathering the ingredients I needed to make “Peanutty Chocolate Cookies”. I had saved the recipe from an old Quick Cooking magazine, but never made them. It was time.
They are easy to make from a box of brownie mix and have a great texture out of the oven. Here’s the recipe:
Peanutty Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13 x 9 inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, coarsely chopped (I used chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts (I used salted…all I had)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream peanut butter and oil. Beat in eggs just until combined.
- Stir in brownie mix and water.
- Fold in the chopped candy bars and peanuts (I chopped the peanuts a tad)
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
If this is any indication of how good they are to a sweets fan…I had to hide them after I caught my husband sneaking his fourth cookie. In a row.