One of my fave bloggers, The Townhouse Homesteaders, contacted me to inform me that they nominated me for The Liebster Award. Thank you, thank you, thank you! The Liebster, which means favorite in German, is a way to recognize your favorite blogs that have fewer than 200 followers. What a great way to get the word out about up and coming blogs!
When you receive the Liebster award, you are supposed to do the following:
- Choose five up and coming blogs to give the Liebster award to. Blogs must have less than 200 followers.
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Post the award on your blog.
- List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites. Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know they’ve received the award.
- Share five random facts about yourself.
So here’s my pics for the award:
- Cooking Up The Cure ~ Although I am a new follower, I am truly inspired by the writer’s spirit and outlook as she battles cancer using nature’s medicine…food.
- My Plant Based Family ~ I’ve been a follower for awhile now. Watch Hollie and her husband on their plant-based diets and share some of the amazing foods and motivation.
- Terri’s Kitchen ~ “An American Living and Cooking in England”. She not only shares her recipes, but every now and then, she’ll throw something else in just to surprise you.
- Crooked Cottage ~ Watch Hannah’s progress as she renovates her darling cottage.
- Joe Liberty ~ Watch his progress on a $10/day budget for food.
If any of these blogs have more than 200 followers, I apologize. I only went with whatever numbers I could find on the blogs themselves. Either way, I love them all!
And here are my random facts:
- My husband is 8 years younger than me. Sometimes I refer to him as my boy toy, even though he’s in his forties.
- I was recently reunited with family members that I hadn’t seen in over 30 years. Words can’t describe my joy.
- I used to be very prone to cold sores until my pregnancy. Now I rarely get them, but my daughter is cursed with them often.
- I am extremely fearful of flying. I cry every time the plane takes off and my poor husband is inflicted with the death grip as a result. I’ve left scars.
- I adore thunderstorms. There is something so wondrous about the sky opening up, lighting up and shaking the earth with sound all at the same time.
I would like to thank The Townhouse Homesteaders again for this kind nomination. If you haven’t checked out their blog yet, please do so. They are in the middle of a journey towards self sufficiency and it is so much fun to watch.