Thanks so much to Re-Creations Project for thinking enough of my blog to pass on the Kreative Blogger Award to me! I am honored indeed. If you haven’t checked out the Re-Creations Project, you really should! Stacey and Jacqui craft as a way to help folks with learning disabilities. How awesome is that?!
So here are the guidelines for the Kreativ Blogger Award:
- I thank the person who nominated me and link back to their blog
- I tell you 7 things about myself that you wouldn’t already know
- I pass the award on to 7 bloggers that I think are pretty awesome.
- My favorite color is any color other than black. I just can’t pick one. I love all colors and go through these weird color scheme phases in my home and wardrobe.
- I love to garden but hate dirt under my fingernails. I have to wear rubber gardening gloves and if dirt happens to make its way under my nails in the process, I have to stop what I’m doing and go wash my hands and remove the invading dirt wad.
- I anxiously await flip-flop weather every year and own a great number of flip flops. I used to be a bare foot teenager, then became an anxious mother (put on some shoes, you don’t want to step on a rock!) and now I have met myself in the middle.
- I love meeting new people. I find them fascinating. I love to hear all about their lives and watch them as they tell stories about their life experiences. Along the same lines, my husband and I are avid people watchers and will often go to the local amusement park, get an ice cream cone and sit on a bench, making up life stories about the passers by.
- I love Burt’s Bees original lip balm, but am totally torn about the fact that it does not have any sunscreen in it. So I alternate between Burt’s Bees and Blistex.
- Two years ago, I was involved in a horseshoe accident. I still have the battle scar to prove it. True story. My friends still make fun of me and have purchased plastic horseshoe sets to keep me safe.
- I am frightened to death that my mother is turning 70 this year. In my eyes, 70 is officially old. She doesn’t take the best care of herself and I am petrified of losing her.
Now, on to some of the blogs that I have secretly stalked and/or follow and/or just think are worth this awesome award:
- Lightly Crunchy ~ I look forward to her posts daily. She has such a great outlook on life and shares some of the best homemade concoctions and ideas!
- Oldentime’s Blog ~ She shares her photos and her life through photos.
- Chic Envelopments ~ Food, fashion, crafting…you name it, she’s up to it!
- Clayzmama ~ A varied blog that covers a wide range of topics with humor and faith.
- Thoughts of a Personal Chef ~ A wonderful blog about what else…food!
- Our Lady of Second Helpings ~ A journey toward a healthier body, mind and spirit.
- The Making of a Chef ~ Join Steffani, a budding chef, as she follows her calling.
Thank you again Re-Creations Project for this honor! Now I have to go and find some creativity for the day…I have an award to live up to! 🙂 Enjoy the day folks…it’s the only today you have!