I’ve always shared a daily frugal health tip on my Facebook page, and I thought that maybe I’d start sharing some of the more fun ones on my blog too. Every single one of us could do something more to make our lifestyles a little healthier. Well, just like in my De-Clutter challenge…I like to do things in small, manageable steps. For instance, exercise.
I’ve read time and time again that we should get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day. The exercise should be at a moderate pace. Did you know that it will be just as effective if you break the exercise up into smaller groups of time? Here’s what I do. I sneak exercise into my day by doing some of the following things (without spending a dime I might add):
- Squats while watching the microwave count down.
- Arm curls with bags of groceries as I carry them in.
- An extra trip up and down the stairs each time I use them (I simply turn around and do it again…takes 20 seconds, but so good for you!)
- Twenty pushups on each side of the bed as I make it.
- Balance on one leg as I do the dishes. (Please do not do this if you are washing anything that is glass or is pointy…that could be way dangerous!)
My favorite though is dancing. I put on music and dance when I do my cleaning. Not only am I getting exercise, but it makes a boring chore go much, much faster. I also start dancing up a storm every time I hear random music throughout the day, like when a car drives by with its windows open, or there’s music in a television commercial.
Speaking of random music…have you noticed that stores are finally getting it and playing great music while you shop? No, I don’t dance in the aisles (although at times I want to), but I do end up doing some belly and butt squeezes to the beat. 🙂
Let’s face it, any movement is good movement and adding some to your day can only benefit you in the long run. So why not try to squeeze some (get it? hahaha) into your day?