I really do. I love all shapes and sizes. It’s rare that I will throw one away. My hairdresser even keeps hers for me. They are extremely versatile and do a lot more than hold spaghetti sauce you know! This morning I packed some baby carrots and dip into an old salsa jar for hubby’s lunch. It was just the right size and because of the shape of the jar, I was able to pack the carrots upright, standing in the dip. No need for two containers. And no dip all over our fingers. Isn’t it a beautiful thing?
Here’s some of the other ways I put jars to use:
- To store leftovers
- To freeze food (especially freezer jam)
- To soak paint brushes
- To sort nails
- As votive holders
- To store dried seeds
- As vases for wildflowers during picnics
- To store individual sugar packets
- To store bulk spices
- I’ve been known to use them as travel mugs for my iced tea. My husband then refers to it as my moonshine. You can’t get a better non-spill lid!
- Homemade candles
- Organization in the bathroom (Q-tips, cotton balls, etc)
- To hold craft supplies
- Candy jars
I’m pretty sure I could add to that list if I thought real hard. I don’t feel like thinking real hard right now, please forgive me.
If you don’t want to reuse your jars, please recycle them instead of tossing them in the trash. It’s just better that way, don’t you think?